Thursday, July 09, 2009

I voted No...

A little while ago my church had a vote as to whether or not the people liked this minister that the board had found to replace the retired pastor. The congregation heard this person preach two times and had the option of listening to his recorded sermons on the Internet, then they had to vote. I heard the guy preach once, and had only 3 small issues with the foundational stuff he had said. I also had an issue with just him in general... his presence, or the way he looked... I wont say, He just didn't really click with me... So i voted no. I was one of seven that voted no. The percentage that voted yes was 98%.

So, a little while after this minister accepted this "calling" (which I think is a load of crap...calling...the people voted and he came...) he hires on his new staff... One of whose character is in question in almost the biggest way it could be. There have been people that have said that they had spoken to the minister (we'll just call him Eric) before the new hire, warning him of this other pastor... but he still hired the guy on... (Not too smart.)

I wont get into the reasons as to why I really voted no, or what this associate pastor did to have me write about him...(not that I have scads of people reading) I just want to say... I voted no! IF YOU WERE OF THE 98%...THAT VOTED YES, BASK IN THE FREEDOM THAT WAS YOURS WHEN YOU VOTED AND SUCK IT UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...

Blog Archive