Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Consequences...

It still blows me away when full blown adults (full blown= anyone over 30) make choices that affect everyone around them, then expect the consequences to only affect themselves... Divorce: great example... does it really come back down to being selfish? and not knowing the truth about what is going on? (Christmas without my parents together for a 2nd year has hit hard once again.)

Recently someone said that I'd better be ready because now life would be all about the baby... (Trinity) You know what I said, I have had my time of it being all about me, I have had my time of people looking at me, wanting to know me... and in some situations wanting to be me... I am glad to pass the torch, and jump on the Trinity fan bandwagon, heck, I'm driving it...

Is there any excuse when you have a child and you're not ready to let it be all about them now? Too young? Too selfish to begin with? Your "partner" takes too much of your attention? Whatever it is, there are far too many parents out there who believe that it is still about them. When you work it out, it must be about God. In God, you are able to see past your own nose and serve your spouse, your children. You are last... by choice, by the grace of God, and His grace will give you the strength, especially when you don't want to.

The sermon in my head is far easier to teach than to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...

Blog Archive