Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Simple

I had a client tell me the other day that he is a religiously schizophrenic. He had been talking to me about the way his spiritual life worked. This was interesting for about 15 minutes... He lost me at the "it's kind of like dungeons and dragons" bit... then i was just plain worried about what kind of crap I would have to pray against before I went to bed that night. I listened for about 15 more minutes, and interrupted his "conversation" by saying it all sounded a little too confusing to me. I then told him I was SIMPLE... good, evil, God, Satan, ect. He replied by stating I must be "one of those Bible people"... i said YUP.



It kinda sucks, but i have never really had a struggle with theology. I know lots of stuff, like theology stuff...but quite honestly, i was blessed to just be taught the basics of Calvinism through my earlier years, and it just stuck. I read my Bible...ask myself, does it fit with what it says in there, would God be happy or not...then move on. Even the last blog about the sinners prayer and all, KEEP IT SIMPLE! Life is hard enough without clouding your mind with human bull, and we are accountable for our knowledge and presentation of it.



The only part I ever struggled with was following God. I don't question anything of what I have been taught...it's all true. I struggle with giving God the finger, and walking the other way... not because he's not real or because of disappointment, or because I have some deep dark question i cant ask anyone, but because I don't always want to listen. So I struggle with knowing the right thing to do, but not always wanting to do it... SIMPLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...

Blog Archive