Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Car Issues

Accidents happen closest to home...

Some of you may have already heard that I was in a car accident a few weeks ago. The civic looks like a crushed soda cracker. I thought I would be more emotional over the whole thing as this is the first car that I have owned in my name, insurance and all. So far I am just pissed that the insurance company is screwing me over with a price that is way too low for my car. The pleasant surprise was that I had somehow purchased this thing that allowed me rental up to $1000.00, and my premium will stay the same. The accident happened just two blocks from my home. Drive the same way every day. No one was hurt, I will be receiving chiropractor and massage therapy because my right blind spot check has been a full body maneuver since the accident. Went for X-rays... Was in and out of there in 20 mins... 20 MINS! Something to say about the new hospital.

Work and School...

Am going through the application process for university, while struggling through correspondence University courses. Am working 50 + hours through the week for work. Got that projectile vomit / diarrhea thing awhile ago, am struggling through a cold at the moment.

Book

I'm reading this book my dad bought me for Christmas between case notes, articles on what is wrong with the Social System, and radical chicks that have changed the world for women. It is good night reading called, "Life of Pi". It's about this kid that grows up in a Hindu family, stays with that faith and also takes on Christianity, and being a Muslim. It is by Yann Martel, and if you can get through the first few chapters, you're gunna love it! When he is questioned as a boy why he picked up all three practices, he responds by saying, He just wants to love God. Most true Christians (and Muslims for that matter) would have a problem with this little boys practice of all three religions, but somehow I wonder what God would say. If Muslims believe that the God of the Jews is the God of the Muslims... and Hindu's believe that All gods are ok, then where does that leave a young boy that is stuck understanding absolutes in a world that says there are none?

On the road to finding God... This is part of the conversation he has with a priest over tea in a church...

But once a dead God, always a dead God, even when resurrected. The son must have the taste of death forever in his mouth. The trinity must be tainted by it; there must be a certain stench at the right hand of God the father. The horror must be real. Why would God wish that upon himself? Why not leave death to mortals? Why make dirty what is beautiful, spoil what is perfect?

Love. That was Father Martin's answer.

The boy compares the religion of his upbringing to Christianity. All in all a cool look at an outsiders curiosity with the mystery of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...

Blog Archive